Thursday, February 26, 2015

Okpo/Busan to Jinhae

When you are in South Korea during the time of the Cherry Blossom Festival, you should not miss Jinhae. And yes, I took the opportunity to go to Jinhae, even alone, just to see the Festival. It was my first to go out of Okpo/Geoje Island via bus. It was hard to find information on how to go there via bus/train. I hope this will help you for your next adventure =)

How to go to Jinhae from Okpo/Busan:

Step 1:
Buy bus ticket at a shop near the bus stop in front of Foreign Mart. Bus stop is situated on the main highway of Okpo. Same street where McDonald's is. Sasang Station is the last stop of all the buses. There are buses that will stop at Gimhae Airport, there are some that stops at Sinpyeong Subway Station.
Inter-city Bus stop
how it looks like
Bus Schedule
Step 2:
Go down Sasang Station/Seobu Inter-city Bus Terminal (last stop).

TIP: I normally buy ticket going back to Okpo before going to my destination. Sometimes, tickets could be sold out especially during Sunday/Holiday for the afternoon schedules.
Bus schedule for Sasang Station to Okpo/Jangseungpo/Gohyeon
Step 3:
Buy ticket for Jinhae.
Jinhae Bus Schedule - What time starts and end
 
ticket for Jinhae - Platform 17
Step 4: 
Go to Departure area. When I was there during the Festival, you won't get lost because of the long line. During festival, they don't follow the bus schedule. As long as the bus is full, they will depart already. 
Departure Line
Platform 17
Step 5:
Final stop of the bus is a bus terminal as well in Jinhae. Like what I did at Seobu Bus Terminal, before starting my Jinhae adventure, I bought a bus ticket going back to Busan. 
Jinhae Bus Terminal
Jinhae to Busan Ticket Office
Step 6:
Going to the Jinhae town proper or where the Cherry Blossom Festival is the hardest part for me. I felt I was lost but since it's festival, there are other people walking as well. So I just followed the people. Sorry I wasn't able to document my way to the Festival but I think you won't get lose. If you have gps/map, it would really be helpful. When you found the white tents, just go straight and you will see an information booth for tourists. From there you can ask for a map. Some of the staff are English speaking so it won't be hard to ask for questions/directions. It is a 10-minute walk going to the white tents.

white tents
Enjoy your adventure =) I enjoyed mine!

anjcam

No comments:

Post a Comment